Social Media, Photography, and English Teaching in coastal Mexico! (Costa Careyes)
organización sin ánimo de lucro relocation assistance available remuneración: Starting salary 10,000 MXN/month (negotiable depending on experience & qualifications) tipo de empleo: tiempo completo
QR Code Link to This Post
The Careyes Foundation is seeking motivated individuals to serve as English teachers in rural elementary schools. We serve twelve schools in the beautiful Costalegre region, located along the Pacific coast of Jalisco, Mexico. Our English teaching program reaches around 900 2nd-6th grade students each year, using a new methodology and curriculum specifically developed to meet the needs of the rural population that we serve.
Please visit www.careyesfoundation.org for more information about all of our programs and the communities we serve. The Careyes Foundation is a USA 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
In addition to teaching, you will also help facilitate our community programs, including after-school activities (such as ecology education, cinema, music, and art) and weekend bike rides. Depending on individual interest and expertise, you may also support various administrative aspects of our non-profit organization (such as fundraising and grant writing) and/or help develop and coordinate new programs.
If you are interested in teaching and learning from children, helping develop an innovative educational process, and making an impact in rural communities, we want to hear from you!
We have three positions open for the 2020-2021 program cycle. Applicants must be available from August 15, 2020, through July 10, 2021. For the right person, this will turn into a long-term position. We are specifically looking for an individual with a background in photography, videography, and/or social media to join our team!
* Fluent in English (native speakers preferred) and able to speak Spanish at a conversational level
* Experience working with children (previous teaching experience a plus)
* Bachelor's degree (preferred)
* Valid driver's license
* Monthly salary starting at 10,000 MXN (negotiable depending on experience and qualifications)
* Full free access to the local state-of-the-art medical clinic as well as emergency medical insurance
* Initial training and ongoing support
* Assistance in finding local housing
* Use of a shared vehicle for work and personal use; however, if you use your own vehicle, your monthly salary will increase by 1,000 MXN
* Gasoline (weekly allowance)
* Access to private Careyes beaches, restaurants, and events
To apply, please submit:
* Your CV/resumé
* Three references
* A cover letter that includes the following information:
– your level of fluency in English & Spanish
– your nationality (necessary for visa purposes)
– your current location
– your availability
– your photography/videography/social media experience, with links to work samples and/or portfolio
* Two short audio recordings (~1 minute each) responding to the following questions:
– What something that you have accomplished that you are proud of? (answer in English)
– ¿Por qué te interesa trabajar con nuestra fundación? (contesta en español)
Autorizas contacto de agencias de personal
NO contactarnos por servicios u ofertas no solicitados
Quieres remarcar este anuncio para personas con minusvalías